1. How does the spay & neuter assistance work?
Qualified applicants submit an application for our services on this website, provide proof of Food Stamps or Medicaid, and pay a $25 copay per animal.
2. Which vet will do the surgery?
The following vets have partnered with NASANA:
Animals Choice Clinic, Iuka; Colbert Animal Clinic, Tuscumbia; Quad-Cities Animal Hospital, Tuscumbia; Russellville Animal Clinic, Russellville.
3. How should I send in my co-pay?
Applicants can pay via Money Order, PayPal Giving Fund, or through Facebook.
4. How do I schedule the surgery?
Once we receive your application, proof of Medicaid or Food Stamps, and your copay(s), we will contact you to schedule your vet appointment.
5. How old does my pet have to be to get the surgery?
Some vets require that they be at least 6 months old, while other vets will do the surgery at 4 to six months.
6. Do I fill out a separate application for each pet?
Yes, each pet needs their own application. You can pay copays for more than one pet in one lump sum.
7. What is the maximum number of animals I can apply to have surgery?
You can receive assistance for up to FIVE animals per year, per household.
8. How do I know if I qualify for assistance?
Once you apply, keep an eye out for an email from us. That email will ask for your copay and proof of Medicaid or Food Stamps. When both are received, you will receive a confirmation email.
9. Does my pet need vaccines before surgery? Am I responsible for those costs?
Rabies vaccinations are required by Alabama. If your pet is not up to date, the vaccination will be given at time of surgery and NASANA will pay for that.
***Owners will be responsible for additional/optional services performed on the date of your pet's appointment.
10. How long does it take for the application to be approved and a surgery to be scheduled?
We try to get your pet(s) fixed as soon possible. We must receive all required components (application, proof, and copay) before we schedule the surgery. Once approved, we will contact our local vets to get their available dates. We will contact you to select your date and finalize all details.